Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Welcome to the Web!


Wow! What a wonderful place this "world wide web"! Within minutes anyone with the desire can become a "published" author!

I'm just thrilled to be able to share with the world that which clutters my mind. I hope you may find it not "dull". My daily mind-set seems to me full of excitement. Although, too, there are times when I wish for a bit less chaos. I suppose it's in the chaos that we can begin to appreciate quiet and steady times. When we long for them; seek them out, perhaps we can find a respite from the storm. Even if that rest is only in words like, "Come unto me....", or "...and the peace that passes understanding keep your hearts and minds....".

During your chaotic times, what keeps your spirit calm in the storm? I would love to begin a meditation of the subject. How do we really know the "peace that passes understanding"? How is this obtained?



"For our light and momentary troubles
are achieving for us an eternal glory that
far outweighs them all."
2 Corinthians 4:17

I hope this blog will not just be my own little "soapbox" in cyberville. I would love to hear from friends, mentors, family and anyone with an idea who is willing to share. It's such a thrill to me to be connected in this way with the inner thoughts of so many others. Perhaps this "moment" of excitement can also be a moment that brings encouragement to struggling souls or those with something to encourage. Overall, my goal is for my blog to bless others.I hope this can be a blessing to you and, 
if you decide to share, you can be a blessing those who read.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, how can I let this opportunity pass, Ruth Anne? My splendid Scorpio sister is also a fine calligrapher. She's a magnificent mother and a unique lover of the life God has given her. I'm honored to be her friend of many years.
Love from Richard Louis

Ruth Anne said...

I love you too, Richard. Your correspondence with me for more than 20 yrs has been a great inspiration to me. May God Bless you my brother.

Anonymous said...

Ruthie - Thank you for being such a sweet inspiration. How do I find His peace? I begin by considering the immensity of the universe and work my way down to myself. Then I remind myself that He loves me as if I were His only child! What a fabulous blessing. May His peace flow over you and Bill each day. In Christ, Kat.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth love your blog may the Lord bless you..

Gavriel said...

Ruth Ann!

What a lovely blog page you have created! You have been an inspiration to me on the forum we are both on. I wish that I could meet you. Maybe someday, if not in this life----
Gavriel