Sunday, January 06, 2013

Do you want to change?

I hope you're still with me.   I didn't hear from any readers about yesterday's post.  No one had any thoughts or ideas about my recent discourse?  I want to encourage my readers to share, so please feel free to comment on any of my posts this year!  

Yesterday we talked about the difference between the "haves" and the "have nots" in the sense that many folks make excuses instead just deciding to "DO IT"!  To continue that thought, I also think that something that makes the difference for success is not only a mindset, but also what we say.  Many don't realized the power of positive thought and speech!  When they say, "I'll TRY" instead of "I'm just gonna DO this!"  We have already made a determination when we can say, "I WILL", rather than, "I'll TRY".
With this positive mindset, the things we hope to accomplish are doable, because nothing is really impossible for the determined mind!

 "Quitting --  No man is ever whipped, 
until he quits — in his own mind."   ~~ Napoleon Hill  

Now it's time to get personal!  About six months ago, as I began my work with RealDose, I had the  opportunity to try our primary product, Weight Loss Formula No 1.  I started taking it, but not regularly, for about a month.  In that time, I did see about 5 lbs weight loss.  But, then I just sort of stopped taking it, because I had not established a good habit with it.  Even though I was now learning more about diet and the importance of a healthy eating program, I somehow did not find myself motivated to make any changes to mine.  

Daily, I talk to customers who "try" our product and say it didn't "work for" them.   Stating the facts in my experience, I could say it didn't "work for" me too, even though I did lose 5lbs that first month!  Yet, I understand completely that the product does not do the "work":  I DO!  I began to think about why I know what I should or ought to do, but why didn't I just do?

How many times I had heard myself or others say "I wish", while waiting for some miraculous change in their circumstances?  We all have dreams and desires, but how do we turn the dream into reality?  And more importantly, what are we willing to sacrifice to make our dreams come true?  Are we willing to change something, or even everything, to make it happen?  Realistically, just how much do we want it?

It's all well and good to say I "should" or I "ought" to do this or that.  But, the important changes do not happen until we really want it.  Then making those changes required to do the thing, maybe changing old habits and lifestyles is hard!  It's a lot of WORK sometimes!  And if we really don't want it, then it is likely we will not do the work required to achieve the thing we desire. 


So, let's review!   As I shared yesterday, the difference between success and failure is as simple as deciding, right?  Once you set your mind to just DO something, you can get it done!  But then success can still elude you as you determine just how much you really want it?  As you also decide how much you're willing to sacrifice, or how much effort you're willing to put forth to achieve that goal, the end result must be dependent upon how much you really WANT to succeed. 

“The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE. 
Keep this constantly in mind. 
Weak desire brings weak results, just as a small fire makes a small amount of heat.”
Napoleon Hill, Think and Grow Rich


This brings me to final point for today:  as far as my personal desire to be healthier and lose weight, just how much do I really WANT it?   
I'll share more about that tomorrow.

Again, let me say I welcome your thoughts and comments on my new blog.  I'm hoping that my posts may open up a dialog with my readers about their own struggles to achieve a goal, or what they may have found helpful to their success.  So, please share with us in the comments!  

There is lots more to come, so stay tuned!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this post mom! Ive actually had this message a lot lately in my life.Starting with District Band auditions.Then with Josh and I.(Lately we haven't been talking as much and so asked him if he and I really wanted to get serious or just let it go for right now.And we agreed to just let it go and except the fact that we can't really date right now because of the distance.) And then just today I read a story online that is soooo to this point it is meant to be! I suggest you read it:http://www.humansofnewyork.com/post/32016876047/the-boxer

overall awesome blog post mom!

Btw:In the second to last Paragraph change "to" to "do".